About the job
Are you looking for an established public practice without the traditional conservative feel? One where you are encouraged to develop your knowledge and leadership skills in a supportive, diverse and collaborative environment?
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to provide taxation advice, tax planning and advisory work to individuals, companies, trusts and partnerships. You will prepare and review financial statements, tax returns, and budgets/cash flow forecasts, while also mentoring and supporting graduate employees.
With an office conveniently located in the Hawthorn village, beside Hawthorn station, and opposite St James Park, our team can choose to park on-site or catch PT without trekking for miles or falling victim to Melbourne’s inclement weather. The local shops, cafes and parks are a great excuse to get out at lunchtime.
We offer WFH options, technical training sessions twice a month, career progression, gym membership, professional memberships, flu injections, early start days and a social and supportive team environment.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter, who appreciates detail, knowing the impact it has on the bigger picture. CA/CPA qualified, with 7 plus years’ experience in public practice, you are quick to recognise opportunities for systems or process improvement, to bring clients added value. You also remember how overwhelming it was when you were a graduate and therefore appreciate the responsibility associated with mentoring and training junior team members.
You enjoy attending an office environment but also appreciate the opportunity to WFH when flexibility is required.
Manager – Accountant
About the job
As the Manager, you will be exposed to a diverse portfolio of clients and industries and work closely with all the Directors, playing a critical role in overseeing our team of motivated accountants. This will include:
- Identifying opportunities to mentor, train and expand the technical and professional needs of the accounting team.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring team workflow.
- Collaborate closely with our Directors, providing them with real-time updates on work-in-progress and team activity.
- Cultivate client relationships and uncover opportunities to expand our fee-base while delivering business services, commercial & tax restructuring, and succession planning advice.
- Ensuring quality control of all work papers, documentation and correspondence produced by the work team.
You are a fully qualified CA/CPA with a minimum seven years’ experience working in a Chartered/CPA accounting practice. You will not only be technically proficient but possess the interpersonal skills to lead and inspire a team to exceed the client’s expectations and their own professional objectives.